How To Bulk Upload Subscription Products Via CSV
If you have a number of products to apply auto-delivery to, CSV is the best method. Follow this multi-step process to bulk upload your products. Let’s get started.
Watch the walk-through on Loom
Duplicate The CSV Template
- Open up the CSV template – click here and make a copy as this is a public file.
- Click on “File”
- Click on “Make A Copy”
- Now you have your own copy of the file. Please close the template tab.
How To Use The CSV Template
Structure of the template:
- On the first tab, we have an explanation for how to use this sheet and what terms you can use.
- On the second tab, we have the template.
Auto Delivery Intervals
Here is a list of delivery interval terms you can choose from for your subscription products.
This is the syntax string that you need to apply to your SKU in order to be imported correctly, with the correct price.
- Auto-delivery – Required as the name of the extra option.
- Default Option – You can change this to suit your brand voice. We suggest a simple “No, Thanks”.
- Available Options – The intervals of delivery periods the customer can select.
- $ Discount Amount – This is optional.
- If set to “0” then “no discount” is applied.
- If set to “1” then “$1 is added” to the original price.
- If set to “-1” then “$1 is discounted” off the original price.
Within a product it will look like this:
Create The Import Template
Click on the second tab called “Import Template”. You’ll note that this is a simple template sheet. It’s only for creating subscription products and we have left an example there for you – just remember to delete it!
- SKU* – Fill in the SKU to match the SKU in Maropost Commerce Cloud. This can be a child sku.
- Extra Options – Fill in your auto-delivery options as you require.
Just complete one product at first, import it and make sure you understand the process before doing your entire product catalogue. Once you have filled out the required fields for all the products you’d like to have as a subscription product, we need to download it as a CSV file to be able to import into Maropost Commerce Cloud.
How To Download A CSV File
- Click on “File”
- Click on “Download”
- Click on “Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)”
- This will download it to your computer and you are ready to import it into Maropost Commerce Cloud.
How To Import Into Maropost Commerce Cloud
Complex imports allow you to upload customised data files from other systems and platforms. Not only can you use it to populate information, it’s also useful to make changes in bulk. To use complex import you will need to have your orders in a CSV file ready to upload:
- From the Maropost Commerce Cloud dashboard, navigate to Settings & tools > Import data.
- Select the Products radio button.
- Click Perform complex import button and select Start Data Import Wizard.
- Click the Choose File button and upload your CSV file. Then click Continue to Next Step.
- You’ll now be on the field mapping step. On the left hand side are a list of the column names in Maropost Commerce Cloud (database field names). To the right of them are column headers from your file. To ensure data from your file goes into the correct field in Maropost Commerce Cloud, select the database field name that best matches your file field names. Unless you have changed the names of the columns, you should not need to map these fields.
- When mapping is complete, click on the Continue to Next Step button.
- In the Update Options step, you can change how certain fields are updated, we recommend you only use “Update Existing Products Only”. With this option new products will not be created. Only products with matching SKUs will be updated.
- You’re now ready to import your sales order file. If you want to save your settings select the checkbox and enter a template name. Click the Process File Now button to complete the import wizard.
Check Your Product
It’s always best to check your product – especially if you have never done this before.
- Click on products > view products
- Type in the SKU into the search field and press “Apply Filters”
Your product should appear. Go ahead and click into that product and scroll down to the “extra options” section. Check everything is there and showing as you’d expect it to.