How To Create A Membership Subscription
VIP Paid Program or Paid Membership
Wanting to start a membership program on your Maropost Commerce Cloud site? Well, its as simple as one, two and three…
Paid memberships are essentially a product, and that’s how we will set it up and let Keesubscriptions handle the charging, customer groups and more.
- Create one new product for each of your membership options (yearly membership, monthly membership, etc.) and do the usual things: add a SKU, image, description etc
- Scroll down to “Extra Options”.
- Click on the button “+ Add Product Option”.
- In the Option Name field type “Membership”
Make sure it is a “selection box” and add in default text – “Monthly” or “Yearly” or any one of the existing options for this field. See the full list of terms here.
In our screenshot, we have included “Auto-Renew” before the renewal term as we have found it helps customer recognise this is a different kind of purchase to your usual once-off purchase.
You are now ready to sell memberships on your site!
Here is what will happen:
- When a customer purchases one of the membership products, they will automatically be added to your membership customer group
- When the membership is up for renewal, their credit card will automatically be charged
- Through the Keesubscriptions self-service portal they can cancel their subscription
- When their subscription lapses because they’ve cancelled, or because the credit card couldn’t be charged, they’re automatically put back in the retail customer group.
Disclaimer: Styling your membership extra options is entirely up to your company and your preferred developer. We do not have a once size fits all Maropost Commerce Cloud Tweak as we have found there are many different ways customers would like to implement a membership on their site. We are happy to have a chat about your requirements and give you a free quote to implement your