How To Turn An Existing Product Into A Subscription Product
If you already have a product in Neto that your customers purchase time and time again, turning them into subscription products is easy. Let’s get started.
Watch this walk-through on Loom
- Open up an existing product. For this demonstration I have chosen a 9 pack of wet dog food.
- Scroll down to “Extra Options”.
- Click on the button “+ Add Product Option”.
- Set the “Option Name” to “Auto Delivery“
- Make sure it is a “selection box” and add in default text – “No, Thanks” or “Single Purchase” – you can make this something that suits your brand voice.
- Now, it’s time to add in your subscription intervals. Click on “+ Add Attributes”.
- Each line of attributes represents a subscription interval. In my demonstration, I have added the following options for your customer: Weekly, Every Two Weeks, Monthly and Every Two Months. We have quite a few options you can use – view the full list here.
- Next, adjust the “Additional Price” field. You can decide to add in a discount for customers who purchase more frequently than once off. This is entirely up to your marketing and, of course, margins.
- No savings: Leave additional price at $0.00.
- Discount: Add a “–” and then a number next to it.
- As you can see in my example, the more often the customer purchases the product the more they save.
- This is the $ amount off the original price.
- If the product is on sale this comes off the sale price.
- Once you have finished setting up your subscription product, please remember to save it. On the front end of your website you should see the “Auto Delivery” box show up.
- As you can see above, the default is set to “No Thanks”. This also could be a weekly or monthly subscription. The choice is yours. The customer can now select the frequency of purchase and see how much they save.